Instagram users have the option to personalise their 3D avatars to better reflect their likeness and use them in DMs, Reels, or Stories. In addition to this, they can either create a new Instagram avatar or import their current Facebook avatar. Once your Instagram 3D Avatar is created, it is ready to be shared via DMs, Stories and Reels. Here’s how you can share Reels with Avatars:
How to share Reels with Avatars
- Open the Instagram app on your phone.
- Swipe left and go to the Reels tab.
- Record your Reel as you like, and while editing, tap on the Stickers button available at the top right.
- Tap on the Avatar option and select the Avatar reaction you want to add to your Reel.
- Once editing is complete, tap on the
- Enter all the required details, including captions, tag people if you want, and hit the Share button.
The tech giant has also announced the launch of a digital clothing store — Avatars Store. It lets users purchase digital outfits to style their avatars. The online store has started to roll out in select countries and initially features digital attire from Balenciaga, Prada, and Thom Browne.