- IMEI number
- FIR copy of stolen phone
- Other details of your mobile device including brand name, billing in-voice etc.
Every phone comes with a 15 digit unique number called the International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number. This unique number is an identity certificate for every mobile device and cannot be changed. You can always check the IMEI on the box or in the Settings section of your phone. Since you can use this number to track your phone, it is important to write it down and keep it safe. Here’s how you can track and block your lost or stolen phone using this 15-digit IMEI number.
- Go to the official website of CEIR (https://ceir.gov.in/Home/index.jsp#) on your computer. Currently, Delhi,
Maharashtra, and Karnataka are the only states where this government service is offered.
- Enter all the required lost mobile device details such as its brand, model, last location, upload the invoice etc.
- Fill in an alternate mobile number and click on the
- In order to complete your lost phone location
request, enter the OTP you received and click the Submitbutton.
- Then, you will get a Request ID number that can later be used to unblock an IMEI number.
In order to stop further misuse of the phone, the network operator will be notified after the consumer has blocked the lost or stolen phone and will be asked to blacklist that specific IMEI number. Additionally, you can ask your operator to disable the SIM card on the lost phone. Using the CEIR website, you can also check the status of your lost phone and how the police are investigating the same. Furthermore, you can unblock the IMEI number after your phone has been found.