What you should know
You should have iOS 16 and macOS Ventura running on the iPhone and MacBook respectively.
The Bluetooth and Wi-Fi should be turned on both devices.
Here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Tap on Settings
- Head to General
- Tap on AirPlay & Handoff
- Toggle on the Handoff option
Now, when you make or receive a FaceTime call, a notification of the call appears on the Lock Screen (or in Notification Center) of the other device, along with the suggestion “Move call to this [
- Tap the notification to switch the call, or tap on the video camera icont the top left of the screen, then tap the Switch icon
- A preview of the call appears, showing your camera, microphone, and audio settings.
- Make sure the camera, microphone, and audio settings are the ones you want, then tap Switch
- The call moves to the new device. On the original device, a banner appears confirming that the call was continued elsewhere, along with Switch, which you can tap if you want to bring the call back.
As we mentioned, the feature works between an iPad and iPhone or a Mac and iPad as well. Do ensure that you have the latest operating system running on either of the devices.