S Jaishankar Wiki: Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, better known by his stage name Dr. S. Jaishankar, is a former diplomat who has become a politician. He is currently the Union Minister of External Affairs and previously held the position of Foreign Secretary for India from 2015 to 2018. S. Jaishankar, a retired IFS officer from the 1977 batch, has held positions ranging from third secretary to foreign secretary in India, as ambassador to the Czech Republic, China, and the United States, and as high commissioner to Singapore.
An in-depth account of Indian Foreign Minister S Jaishankar is presented in this article. It includes additional information regarding S Jaishankar’s Wikipedia, Wiki, Biography, Early Life, Indian Diplomat, Birthday, Birthplace, Age, Career, Caste, Affairs, Marital Status, Father, Mother, Family, Religion, wife name, First Wife, Second Wife, marriage, married, Son, Kids, Daughter, Siblings, Height, Body Measurements, Net Worth, Salary, Facts, Occupation, Election, Political Leader, Profession, Education, Education Qualification.
S Jaishankar Wiki
Indian politician and diplomat S Jaishankar currently holds the position of minister in the Ministry of External Affairs. He was born in New Delhi on January 9, 1955. His primary education was completed at The Air Force School in New Delhi’s Subroto Park. He then earned a chemistry degree from St. Stephen’s College, University of Delhi. Additionally, he earned an MA in Political Science. Jaishankar earned his master’s degree and doctorate in international relations from Jawaharlal Nehru University as well. He is also a specialist in nuclear diplomacy. He prepared for UPSC and passed the Civil Service entrance exam after studying.
In 1977, he joined the Indian Foreign Service, where, from 1979 to 1981, he was the second and third secretary for the Indian Mission in the Soviet Union in Moscow. He also took Russian classes during this time. He then returned to New Delhi after serving in Russia. He held positions as Special Assistant to Diplomat Gopalaswami Parthasarathy in India and as Under Secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs of India’s US Department that dealt with relations with the United States. He was a member of the team that came to an agreement regarding the supply of US nuclear fuel to India’s Tarapur power stations.
S Jaishankar Wiki Details
|Full Name||Dr. Subrahmanyam Jaishankar Prasad|
|Nickname||Dr. S. Jaishankar|
|Date of Birth||9 January 1955|
|School||The Air Force School, Subroto Park, New Delhi|
|Profession||Politician, Indian External Affairs Minister|
|Official Instagram id||www.instagram.com/SJaishankar|
Read Also:- Virat Kohli Wiki Biography, Age
S Jaishankar Biodata
|Age (as of 2023)||68 years|
|Birthplace||Netaji Nagar, New Delhi, India|
|Hometown||New Delhi, India|
|Current Address||Apartment B-202,
Gurgaon IFS Cooperative Group Housing Society,
|Highschool||The Air Force School, Subroto Park, New Delhi|
|College Name||St. Stephen’s College, University of Delhi, Delhi
Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
|Educational Qualification||Graduate in Chemistry
MA in Political Science
M. Phill & Ph.D. in International Relations
Specialized in Nuclear Diplomacy
|Zodiac Sign/Star Sign||Capricorn|
|Age (as of 2023)||68 years|
|Height in Feet||in centimeter: 165 cm
in meter: 1.65 m
in feet: 5′ 5″ inches
|Weight in kilogram||65 kg|
|Weight in pounds||143 lbs|
S Jaishankar Family Details
|Parents||Father: Late K. Subrahmanyam (Died in 2011; Bureaucrat)
Mother: Late Sulochana Subrahmanyam (died in 2022)
|Siblings||Brother: S Vijay Kumar (IAS Officer)
Sanjay Subrahmanyam (Historian)
Sister: Sudha Subrahmanyam
Dhruv Jaishankar (elder)
Arjun Jaishankar (younger)
Daughter: Medha Jaishankar
|Wife Name||Shobha Jaishankar (First Wife; Died)
Kyoko Somekawa Jaishankar (Second Wife)
|Marriage Date||Not Known|
Check Also: Novak Djokovic Wiki, Biography, Age, Height
- In 1977, Jaishankar Prasad Ji became a member of the Indian Foreign Service (IFS).
- From 1979 to 1981, the Indian mission to the Soviet Union in Moscow had a third and second secretary.
- He served as the Indian embassy’s first secretary in Washington, D.C., from 1985 to 1988. From 1988 to 1990, he was the first secretary and political adviser for the Indian Peacekeeping Force (IPKF) in Sri Lanka.
- He worked as a commercial counselor at the Indian mission in Budapest from 1990 to 1993.
- He served as the Deputy Chief of Mission at the Indian Embassy in Tokyo from 1996 to 2000.
- He was made India’s ambassador to the Czech Republic in 2000.
- From 2004 to 2007, he served as the Ministry of External Affairs’ Joint Secretary (Americas).
- From 2007 to 2009, he was India’s High Commissioner to Singapore.
- From 2009 to 2013, he was India’s longest-serving ambassador to China.
- He was made India’s Ambassador to the United States in September 2013.
- He was given the position of India’s Foreign Secretary on January 29, 2015.
- In 2019, upon his retirement from service, Prime Minister Narendra Modi appointed him immediately as the Minister of External Affairs.
|Salary||250,000 (3,100 US Doller)+ other allowances as an MEA (in 2019)|
|Car Collection||Toyota Corolla Altis (2018 Model)|
|Total Net Worth||Bank Deposits: 9 crores+
Jewellery: 149 gm Gold jewelry & 9.2 kg silver (42.5 lakh+)
Agricultural Lands: Worth 25+ Lakh
Residential Buildings: Worth 60+ lakhs
S Jaishankar Social Media Accounts
|@drsjaishankar (65k+ followers)|
|@drs.jaishankar (450k+ followers)|
|@DrSJaishankar (2.3m+ followers)|
|Mobile/Phone Number||Not Known|